Colt 1911 smooth oversize (147a)
Quantity in Basket:
Shipping Weight: 0.20 pounds
These grips are made larger in height and width than the
standard factory grip, so you can leave the bottom flat
or carve finger grooves, etc., to suit yourself.
They may fit many other brands that use grips similar to
the 1911, but you will need to check the dimensions or
send a tracing to make sure. I have no way to know if these
fit some specific model unless it is exactly like a 1911
colt, but since you have the gun, you can measure it.
They can be used "as is" with minimal fitting, or can be
the start of a scrimshaw or carving project. Also, some
particular models of newer 1911-style pistols can use
a larger (wider, longer) grip, and even the originals may
benefit from covering the edges of pitted or worn areas
that were exposed with the original grips.
Note: both panels are similar size and shape, so you
can use them with the "ambi" left and right hand safety.
You may need to route or sand the top to allow for various
safety levers, etc., but there is plenty of room to do so.
- Overall grip height through center: 4.25 inches
- Width of base not including notch: 1.4 inches
- Width through bottom screw hole: 1.6 inches
- Spacing from bottom screw hole to front edge: .85 inches
- Spacing from top screw hole to front edge: .65 inches
- Spacing between screw holes: 3.02 inches
- Distance from top edge to top screw hole center: 0.6 inches