Welcome to Tombstone Gun Grip Kits |
secure on-line store!
Tombstone Gun Grip Kits supplies blocks, blanks, and generic shapes, semi-finished kits plus mounting screws and hardware, for people who make gun grips.
The material is high strength custom-made polyurethane simulating a vast array of more natural materials. It is a high strength, heat and solvent resistant epoxy that you can cut, carve, checker, sand and polish to perfection! It is custom made for each order in Tombstone's private polymer lab.
The blanks, blocks, and generic shapes are NOT finished grips: they are the materials from which YOU can make grips. Semi-finished kits will require fitting and finishing to fit your gun frame..
You can specify either solid colors such as ivory, aged ivory, ebony, pure white, or any color of the rainbow, or you can order from an assortment of translucent effects such as shades of pearl, jade, opal, and simulated exotic wood burls.
The Tombstone material can be sawed, filed, sanded, polished, checkered and carved more easily than wood. It has no grain to deflect your carving blade, nor to split out from checkering. It is very tough yet easy to work.
The material is not brittle like injection molded plastic. It is
more impact resistant and takes a nice polish with a buffing wheel or ordinary automotive finish wet and dry abrasive paper. A hard wax finish
preserves the shine. The material is resistant to solvents like acetone, alcohol, and most bore cleaners and gun oils.
For bank card payment, please E-Mail the VCC2 number on the back of your card along with the order number. That will help assure your security and make certain that the order was actually placed by you.
Just E-Mail the 3 or 4 digit code along with the order number to Dave@TombstoneGrips.com.
When your grips are ready, I will process the payment with your card. The web store does not automatically charge your card. I do that manually on a secure terminal.
I will need the CCV2 number to complete and ship your order!
The card proessing center adds 3.5% for bank card processing. A check or money order saves this processing fee on the order total.
Before you order, PLEASE READ to make sure you understand what you are getting:
- These are blocks, blanks, semi-finished kits and generic shapes (kits) made for gunsmiths and individuals who do grip making. All grip kits are custom made to your order for color or special effects. They are not finished grips. They are the materials from which you make the grips, and hardware for mounting them.
- COMPARE the dimensions listed with your gun's dimensions.
Order a large enough block, blank, or generic shape to allow for sanding and fitting.
- Except for color, the items are exactly what you see in the listing They are cast in molds, so I cannot change the dimensions at will.
- You can select ANY of the colors and effects from the drop down menu. Don't select both solid and translucent colors at the same time. Select one or the other. If you do select both I will assume you want the translucent/pearl effect and will ignore the solid option.
- IMPORTANT! Your bank card statement will show "CORBIN Mfg", not "Tombstone Gun Grips".
I use the highly secure manual card processing terminal at my tool manufacturing business. If you use a bank card for payment,
please remember that "Corbin Manufacturing" is the same as "Tombstone Gun Grips", and the amount shown is what you ordered from Tombstone.
- Please place orders ONLY on this webstore. I will answer letters, e-mails and faxes if
you provide a valid return e-mail or fax number. My email is Dave@TombstoneGrips.com.
- Everything I can make is shown here. If it isn't listed, I don't have a way to make it yet.
- I do not have any other screws than those you see listed. I do not carry factory original screws for specific guns, although some of the ones I list are indicated for certain models.
If you are in a hurry, please
check the "Specials" page for grips in stock. Those are grips already made, finished,
and just waiting for you to order so I can ship asap! Also, the fastest material to make are natural ivory color or the pure white color.
The description refers to the COLOR and not the material. All
material is made of polyurethane epoxy, not pearl, ivory, gold, wood, etc. You can select ANY of the colors,
or ANY of the various special effects such as amber, pearl, metallic shades, etc., from the drop-down menu on
each order page.
Most grips require sawing, filing, sanding, and some require routing on the back with a Dremel tool. Some require mounting holes. The material can be drilled and cut with
the same kind of bits that work with metal or wood. It is not abrasive or particularly fragile.
Please select the category of item, on the left column.
You can browse and view items at will, click "add to shopping cart" or
"buy now", or click the small image to see a full page about the
item, with details and options.
Manufacturers are invited to contact Dave@TombstoneGrips.com for quantity pricing.