Welcome to Tombstone Gun Grip Kits |
secure on-line store!
Tombstone Gun Grip Kits supplies blocks, blanks, generic shapes, and semi-finished kits plus mounting screws and hardware, for people who make gun grips or would like to save by doing the final fit and finish themselves.
The material is high strength custom-made polyurethane simulating a vast array of more natural materials. It is a high strength, heat and solvent resistant epoxy that you can cut, carve, checker, sand and polish to perfection! The material itself is custom made for each order in Tombstone's private polymer lab.
The blanks, blocks, and generic shapes are NOT finished grips: they are the materials from which YOU can make grips. Semi-finished grip kits may require some fitting and finishing to fit your gun frame.
When you order a quantity of "1" it means one set of grips, not one-half of the set! It is like ordering shoes or scissors or pants: ordering one means you get one pair.
This is also true of medallions. They are sold in pairs, so "1" in your shopping cart means one pair, for both left and right side grip panels. (If for some reason you want just a left or right grip panel or just a single medallion, email to arrange a custom order. Almost no one ever does that but it can be handled off-line.)
Thousands of people who never fitted a grip to a handgun before read the instructions sent with each grip and did it perfectly! Many proudly sent pictures you can see on the example guns page.
You can do it too.
You can specify either solid colors such as ivory, aged ivory, ebony, pure white, or any color of the rainbow, OR you can order from an assortment of translucent effects such as shades of pearl, jade, opal, and simulated exotic wood burls.
The Tombstone material can be sawed, filed, sanded, polished, checkered and carved more easily than wood. It has no grain to deflect your carving blade, nor to split out from checkering. It is very tough yet easy to work, should you wish to do any of these. But of course you don't have to. The semi-finished grips generally are ordered and used "as shown" with just some edge sanding for perfect fit.
The material is not brittle like injection molded plastic. It is
more impact resistant and takes a nice polish with a buffing wheel or ordinary automotive finish wet and dry abrasive paper. A hard wax finish
preserves the shine. The material is resistant to solvents like acetone, alcohol, and most bore cleaners and gun oils.
- These are either blocks, blanks, generic shapes, or semi-finished kits, as described. Be sure to read the description before ordering.
All grip kits are custom made to your order for color or special effects. Most revolver grips that mount with a screw include installation of the
screw-mounting kit. One-piece single action grips include the spacer and two grip panels. Some grips have both options listed.
- COMPARE the dimensions listed with your gun's dimensions.
Order a large enough block, blank, or generic shape to allow for sanding and fitting.
- Except for color, the items are exactly what you see in the listing They are cast in molds, so I cannot change the dimensions at will.
- You can select ANY of the colors and effects from the drop down menu. Don't select both solid and translucent colors at the same time. Select one or the other. If you do select both I will assume you want the translucent/pearl effect and will ignore the solid option.
- Please place orders ONLY on this webstore. I can answer letters, e-mails and faxes if
you provide a valid return e-mail or fax number. My email is Dave@TombstoneGrips.com.
- Everything I can make is shown here. If it isn't listed, I don't have a way to make it yet.
- I do not have any other screws than those you see listed. I do not carry factory original screws for most guns, although some of the ones I list are indicated for certain models. The screw kits shown are "universal" for replacements with standard modern thread pitch, including the nut and ferrule which replaces the factory fittings. Then you never have
to worry about finding the odd, proprietary non-standard screws again.
If you are in a hurry, please
check the "Specials" page for grips in stock. Those are grips already made, finished,
and just waiting for you to order so I can ship asap! Also, the fastest material to make are natural ivory color or the pure white color.
The description refers to the COLOR and not the material. All
material is made of polyurethane epoxy, not pearl, ivory, gold, wood, etc. You can select ANY of the colors,
or ANY of the various special effects such as amber, pearl, metallic shades, etc., from the drop-down menu on
each order page.
Most grips require sawing, filing, sanding, and some require routing on the back with a Dremel tool. Some require mounting holes. The material can be drilled and cut with
the same kind of bits that work with metal or wood. It is not abrasive or particularly fragile.
Please select the category of item, on the left column.
You can browse and view items at will, click "add to shopping cart" or
"buy now", or click the small image to see a full page about the
item, with details and options.
Manufacturers are invited to contact Dave@TombstoneGrips.com for quantity pricing.