1911 Grip Blank Set (147b)
Quantity in Basket:
Shipping Weight: 0.30 pounds
This is a large set of grip blanks, left and right panels,roughly shaped like a 1911 pair of grips but much larger.You can sand and shape them to fit many brands of gunswhich have similar grip angles to the Colt 1911.|
No, I don't carve, checker, or shape these for you at theprice. They are sold just as you see them, but in whateveroptional colors you like! They don't fit anything as shipped. They areintended to be fitted to something by you!
Specs:Note: this set of blanks is intended for use by gunsmiths, stockmakers, and experienced amateur carvers.It can be carved, drilled, sanded, scrimshawed, andpolished to a high finish. Instructions for finishingare sent with the blanks. The material withstands over350 degrees F, has 3000 psi tensile strength and about70 shore hardness. It is easier to work with than wood, because it has no grain to split or crack. Wood carvingknives and checkering tools work well with it. It is notwarrantied to be free of tiny air bubbles when orderedwith the pearl or metalliceffects, because microscopic bubbles are part of the reason forthe shimmering, color-shifting effect. Sometimes thetiny bubbles join in the material and make slightly largerones; this is just part of the deal when you get pearl andis not a reason to return the material. If that's a problemthen don't buy it. Nothing I can do about it.
- Both left and right are identical mirror images.
- Overall height is 4.3 inches
- Width across top is 1.4 inches
- Width across bottom above the corner notch is 1.7 inches
- Height of corner notch from base is 0.3 inches
- Width of the flat base is 1.4 inches
- Width across the center is 1.5 inches
- Front edge length is 3.75 inches
- Rear edge length above notch is 4.1 inches
- Top is gently rounded
- thickness is a uniform 0.4 inches (approx).